- What is the difference between birch and hardwood?
EcoForest Mixed Hardwood is a long burning, 16”, mix of select hardwoods, which offer the longest fire while still being easy to light with consistent burn through. For those who seek a natural beauty, white birch is not only excellent firewood, but is a popular décor item, cut to 12” for multiple venues.
- Can I buy whole birch logs?
Yes, whole logs are available bundles of 4-7 pieces, cut to 16 or 20” in length.
- Why is your firewood more expensive than the local firewood I have purchased in the past?
Ecoforest firewood is very different from your local hardwood. All firewood items in the EcoForest line are dried in a kiln to the USDA standard, which eliminates any pest or mold on the products, and allows them to light easily and burn thoroughly and consistently.
- Why is the kindling called Alder Kindling?
Grey Alder is a type of softwood. In Europe, this species of wood is the most popular used for kindling and is the reason Ecoforest has selected this proven performer.
- Can you cook safely over the Bonfire Log?
Yes. The Bonfire is 100% natural, no chemicals. Cook over the Bonfire Log as you would over any pure wood fire.
- Can the Bonfire be re-started?
The Bonfire Log is designed for single use.
- What chemicals are in the Bonfire Log that makes it light and burn?
There are no chemicals in the Bonfire Log. The Bonfire is lit by a natural wick made of paper board and vegetable stearin. The log catches fire and continues to burn as a result of the engineering design.
- Where can I burn the Bonfire?
The Bonfire can be burned indoors or out, in a setting suitable for burning wood, such as a fireplace, chiminea, or fire pit. It should be placed on a non-flammable surface and away from flammable objects. Stone surfaces are suitable, concrete is not.